"Where the Estuary Meets the Sea"
Located on the Tweed Coast at Hastings Point, Hastings Cove is a great base to enjoy family holidays, with easy day trips and drives to Byron Bay, Ballina, Tweed Heads, the Gold Coast and the Northern Rivers and Gold Coast hinterlands.
But the biggest attraction would have to be Cudgera Creek estuary, which is a popular haven for family fun, and has direct access to the beach.
As well as providing day use picnic and BBQ facilities along the foreshore, the creek offers ample opportunities for exploration with stand-up paddling, kayaking, snorkelling, swimming and fishing among favourite activities.
You can also discover the ambience of laid back coastal villages, and enjoy the alfresco dining in Pottsville, Cabarita, Kingscliff and Murwillumbah, or sample the famous weekend markets the region is renowned for.
Please note: External links on this site are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or approval by us. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, up to date and relevant, Hastings Cove Holiday Apartments cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.
Weekend and Farmers Markets
- New Brighton Farmers Market Tuesday 8am - 11am
- Caldera Farmers Market - Murwillumbah Showground Wednesday 7am-11am
- Byron Bay Farmers Market Thursday 7am - 11am
- Brunswick Heads Riverside Markets - 1st Saturday
- Casuarina Farmers' Market 1st, 3rd Saturday 7.30am -11.30am
- The Byron Community Market 1st Sunday 8am - 3pm
- Pottsville Beach Markets 1st Sunday from 7.30am
- Kingscliff Lions Beachside Markets - 2nd and 4th Saturday
- Pottsville Beach Markets - 1st Sunday and 3rd Sunday
- Murwillumbah Community Market - Showground 4th Sunday
- Markets info courtesy of Big Volcano Markets Calendar
Attractions and Things to Do
- We have teamed up with Experience Oz to bring you the best day tours, attractions, activities, theme park tickets, cruises, water sports, whale watching and things to do on the Gold Coast at one LOW price!
- Whale watching from June to September. Spot whales and dolphins from local headlands or get out on the water with a local whale watching cruise in season
- Walk to beach - 150 metres for surfing and fishing
- Waterfront estuary access for swimming, snorkeling, fishing
- Boat ramp nearby
- Choose from 5 World Heritage listed national parks to visit
- Local tourist attractions like Tropical Fruitworld at Kingscliff
- Bowls Clubs at Pottsville and Cabarita
- 5 major Golf courses are nearby
- Local shopping precinct at Pottsville Beach, with cafés, bait and tackle, tavern, real estate agents
- Shared walking/bicycle path from Pottsville to Kingscliff, ask us about bicycling opportunities
- Bush walking, bird watching and bicycling through the nearby Pottsville Beach Bicentennial Environment Park
- Gold Coast fun parks and wildlife parks 45-60 minutes drive north
- Crystal Castle at Mullumbimby
- Byron Bay and Cape Byron
Dining at Pottsville and Cabarita Beach
- Just a 5 minute stroll north, Ripples Licensed Cafe @ Northstar is open from 8am-8pm 7 days with buffet breakfast from 8am-10am. Perfect for a quick snack, lunch or dinner with family and friends.
- Across the bridge and creek, Hastings Point General Store has traditonal takeaway fare on offer.
- A full range of dining options are available a short 5 minute drive away, in Pottsville to the south and Cabarita Beach to the north.
Events and Festivals
- Murwillumbah/Tweed Valley Festivals
- Gold Coast Festivals:
- Byron Bay Festivals:
- Falls Festival - New Years Eve. North Byron Parkland less than 20 minutes drive from Hastings Cove
- Byron BluesFest (Blues and Roots Festival) - March. Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm less than 30 minutes drive
- Splendour in The Grass - July. North Byron Parkland less than 20 minutes drive from Hastings Cove
- Byron Bay Writers Festival - August. Elements of Byron, Arts & Industrial Estate approx. 37 minutes drive
- Why not check accommodation availability or make a booking with us now?